Preamble This project calls for the consideration of gender in relation to various indices of development(with regard, for example, to self, spirit, religion, family, friendship, ethics, nation, globalization, environment, and so on). How do the interactions of gender and development promote particular performances; conceptions of individual and collective identity; formations of community; notions of the human; understandings of good and evil? These are just some of the questions that occupy this conference. This conference welcomes research papers which seek to understand the interaction and interconnection between the concepts of gender and development; and whether, when, how and in what ways the two concepts conceive and construct each other. Papers, presentations, workshops and pre-formed panels are invited on issues related to any of the following themes:
Theories of Gender, Gendering Theory
Women’s and Gender History
Gender, Essentialism and Ontology
Gender and Narrative Economic Dimension of Gender
Women and Education
Gender and the Law
Gender and Health
Gender and Religion
Rituals and Rites
The Child-Gild Conventions, Commitments and Obligations
Choices, Respect, Loyalty and Trust
Transgressions and Taboos
Personhood and Identity
Body Politics and Belonging
Queer Kinship Formations
Queer Conceptualisations of the State
Transformations of Intimacy
Marriage and Divorce
Masculinity and Patriarchy
Gender and Trans/Nationalism
Aesthetics and Intelligibility
Gendered Narrations of Policies
Media, Gender and Development
Activism, Social Movements and Policy
Feminist Knowledge Production
Gendered Borders and Projects
Nationalism, and Transnational Flows
Gender Dimensions of Post-State
Political Violence, War and Gender
Raced and Sexed Identities
Science and Gender
Gender, Sports and Human Kinetics
Gender and Urbanization
Gender and Employment
Gender and Housing/Environment
Gender and Globalization Contemporary Issues
Information for Authors
1. The paper should be A4 format. Left, right, top and bottom margins should be 2.00 cm each. English is the official language of the conference.
2. Title should be 14-point, all in capital letters, bold and centered.
3. Font size throughout the paper should be 12-point in Garamond, in single space, and justified.
4. The whole text should be written with “Garamond”.
5. Do not give page numbers for the paper
6. A blank line should be left after the title. Names of authors, affiliations and e-mails should be provided after the title.
7. Following the authors’ information, a 250-word abstract should be provided with five keywords. The “Abstract” should be a summary of the paper.
8. Graphics and pictures should be prepared in black and white.
9. One blank line should be allowed between the components of the paper (i.e. introduction, methods and procedures, results, conclusion, references.). Main headings should be centered, bold and capitalized. The second level of headings should be title case and bold. The third level should be italicized and upper- and lower-case heading.
10. For titles of tables, graphics and pictures, sentence case should be used.
11. Texts used in Tables, graphics and pictures should be Garamond. The font size can be reduced to 10 pt.
12. References should be at the end of the paper and should be listed alphabetically. References and citations within the text should be prepared in the APA format.
13. Abbreviations should comply with the standard use. They should be given in full format at the first place they are used.
14. The paper should be maximum 10 pages
15. SI unit should be employed where applicable
16. Only proposals containing abstract and full texts are acceptable. We do not welcome only abstracts.
17. All submissions must be by email attachment preferably in MS words. We do not accept hard copies
18. All papers must adhere to this template in format. No paper can be processed if not formatted according to the stated rules and regulations.
19. Papers submitted after April 1, 2018 may be presented at the conference but they may not be published in the conference book
20. All papers should be submitted to: email@example.com
Who Should Attend
The Conference attracts a range of scholars, scientists, researchers, technologists, teachers, students, activists, administrators, professionals and others. Attendees join together to share ideas, experiences, views and their passion. If you want to chair a session, organize a panel, evaluate papers to be published in the conference proceeding, books or journals, contribute to the editing or any other offer to assist, please send an email.
Conference Registration: International Local
Registration: US $250 N35500
Registration at Venue US$300 N45500
Corporate Participation US$350 N55000
NB: Delegates resident in Nigeria can pay in local currency.
Hotels are available around the congress venue. Accommodation will be arranged in the hotels on request If any participants need accommodation, the conference organizers can reserve rooms for them. Cheap rooms in lower category hotels are also available. Room type will be allocated as per your requirements according to availability. Please indicate on the registration form, your choice for stay so that the advance booking will be made on behalf of the concerned delegates. Price of accommodation ranges from US$85 to US$350 per night
Delegates who are not Nigerians need visa to enter Nigeria. Participants will be assisted to obtain a visa. Please contact the organizers for details. Visitors entering Nigeria may require travel/health insurance and some medical inoculations according to immigrations laws. International participants should contact the nearest Nigerian Embassies/High Commissions/Consulates and the requirements for travel/health insurance and inoculations.
For more information or clarification on any aspect of the Conference, please contact the secretariat: Dr Nneka Ifeoma Okafor and Dr Nnenna Irem; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.Tel: +2348138605952; +2347030815888